WAEC Chemistry Questions and Answers 2022/2023, Chemistry expo 2022, Chemistry OBJ answers, Chemistry theory questions and answers 2022.
We really care to share this free WAEC Chemistry questions and answers 2022 expo for OBJ and Theory for paper 1 and paper 2 as our little way of supporting candidates.
It pleases us here at JiLearners Network to share this free West African Senior Certificate Examination (WASSCE) WAEC practice chemistry questions and answers 2022 with you.
This solution combine both the WAEC expo for theory and essay (paper 2) and the objective and OBJ section (paper 1) free practice.
Also check out how to solve WAEC chemistry theory questions and Obj questions at the bottom.
WAEC Chemistry OBJ & Theory Expo 2022/2023
WAEC Chemistry OBJ Paper 1: The chemistry paper one is the objective paper and it comes with 60 multi-choice questions.
This paper is to be answered within 50mins to 1 hour 30 minutes some of the sample questions will be seen below.
WAEC Chemistry Theory Paper 2: the Chemistry paper two is the essay/theory paper which is made up of different theory questions.
This paper section is to be answered between 1 to 2 hours. The WAEC Chemistry theory questions samples with answers are shown below.
WAEC Chemistry Objective/OBJ Questions and Answers 2022.
To help you prepare for this exam effectively, we have provided the following WAEC 2022/2023 chemistry objective (OBJ) expo questions and answers for paper one.
Note; NIN is Compulsory for WAEC 2022. Get NIN for 2022 WAEC Registration here
1. The Speed of light in vacuum in m/s can be written as ___?
- 3792458 m/s
- 3 × 108 m/s
- 3 x 102 m/s
- 2 x 108 m/s
Ans. 3 × 108 m/s
Check out: Chemistry Syllabus here
2. Which element in the periodic table is poisonous but reacts with sodium to form table salt?
3. What is Chemical Bond is______?
- Force of attraction that holds two or more atoms together by either sharing or transferring of electrons.
- The ability of a element to react with another element.
- The process of combining one or two elements to form a chemical compound.
- The chemical process of breaking down the bond between elements.
Ans. Force of attraction that holds two or more atoms together by either sharing or transferring of electrons.
5. Pb is the chemical symbol for ___?
6. _____ decreases when an electron moves closer to the nucleus of an atom.
- Neutron number
- Atomic Mass
- Mass number
- Electron Affinity
7. Which of these statements is true about a gases? A gases have_____?
- Fix volume, no fixed shape.
- Fixed shape, no fix volume
- No fixed shape, no fixed volume.
- Fixed shape and a fixed volume
Ans. No fixed shape, no fixed volume.
Check also: WAEC Biology Questions and Answers 2022
More WAEC Expo for Chemistry Paper 1 2022
Below are more samples of WAEC chemistry expo 2022 for paper 1 (obj) for candidates to practice.
1. Which of the following values is the Planck’s constant in SI units?
- 625 x 10-34 Is
- 625 x 10-34 m/s
- 02214076 × 1023 mol−1
- 022 × 1023 ls
- 628 x 10-34 ls
Ans. 6.625 x 10-34 Is
2. The energy required to start a chemical reaction is known as____?
- Attraction Energy
- Reaction Energy
- Activation Energy
- Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Energy
Ans. Activation Energy
3. Water in its gaseous state is known as_____?
Check also: WAEC marketing questions and answers 2022
4. The kinetic theory of matter states that____?
- Matter always have the same size.
- Heavier particles of matter move slower than the lighter particles.
- Particles do not move.
- Particles are the same for all elements
Ans. Heavier particles move slower than lighter particles.
5. The chemical name for table salt is____?
- Potassium Chloride
- Sodium Chloride
- Potassium iodide
- Sodium Sulphide
Ans. Sodium Chloride
6. If a 3g of a salt with a molecular weight 30, is dissolved in a 250g of H20, then calculate the molality of the solution.
7. The chemical symbol for Potassium is___?
8. Which of the following is the modern atomic mass unit is based on__?
9. Calculate the total no. of electrons in 18 ml of water?
- 44 x 1024
- 22 × 1044
- 02 x 1024
- 02 × 1024.
Ans. 6.02 × 1024.
10. Matter exist in three states as _____?
- Element, Compound and Mixture
- Atom, Solid and Liquid.
- Liquid, Gas and Solid
- Proton, Electron and Neutron.
- Elements, Molecules and Atoms.
Ans. Liquid, Gas and Solid
11. Sublimation Occurs when _____
- Solid changes to a liquid
- Liquid changes to gas
- Solid changes to a liquid then to gad
- Liquid changes to Solid and turns to Gas
- Solid changes to gas
Ans. Solid changes to gas
WAEC 2022 Chemistry Theory/Essay Paper 2 Show Working Questions and Answers 2022.
In the WAEC 2022 Chemistry theory and essay Paper 2, candidates are to answer the questions by “show working”.
Below are some samples of the WAEC Chemistry Theory/Essay Show Working Questions and Answers 2022 to practice ahead of the exam.
Question: A chemical compound contained 13.5 g Ca, 10.8 g O, and 0.675 g H. Calculate the empirical formula of the compound.
Solution and Solving
The atomic masses of the elements are:
- Ca = 40.1 g/mol
- O = 16.0 g/mol
- H = 1.01 g/mol
For Ca: 13.5 g x (1 mol / 40.1 g) = 0.337 mol
For O: 10.8 g x (1 mol / 16.0 g O) = 0.675 mol
For H: 0.675 g x (1 mol / 1.01 g H) = 0.668 mol
Divide through by the smallest number of moles and round up your answers to the nearest whole number.
- For CA: 0.337/0.337 = 1.00 mol
- For O: 0.675/0.337 = 2.00 mol
- For H: 0.668/0.337 = 1.98 mol = 2.00 mol
The empirical formula will be CaO2H2. But we have to follow the rules by writing the cation of the compound first before the anion.
Therefore, we can correctly write the empirical formula as Ca(OH)2 and that is the answer.
We believe this Jilearners Chemistry questions and answers 2022 expo for OBJ and Theory for paper 1 and paper 2 will assist WAEC candidates for effectively preparation.