The Norway student visa application in Nigeria has been made easier for students that want to know how to apply for Norway student visa from Nigeria.
In this article, you will be guided on how to, and when to visit the Norway embassy for student visa application in Nigeria and what it take to get it done.
I will also give you the steps to get the Norway student visa application form in Nigeria.
Should You Study in Norway as a Nigerian?
Please spare a little of your time to go through this before you proceed!
If there is one country that should be considered by a Nigerian student when making a plan to study abroad, it should be Norway.
Norway is a long country located in Northern Europe with borders to Sweden, Finland and Russia on the east side and an extensive coastline facing the North Atlantic Ocean on the west side.
Apart from its beautiful geographical features, Norway is also known to be a very peaceful country and is rated high for its literacy rate, educational levels and material wealth.
Norway Student Visa Application Steps
Applying for a Norwegian student Visa from Nigeria is very simple. Below are the steps to follow when applying for a Norwegian student visa as a Nigerian citizen;
Step 1. Getting the Application
The first step to take is to visit Norway student visa application website and fill an application form and submit it for processing.
You can fill the application form online via the Directorate of Immigration website. See how to get the form at the bottom of this page.
Step 2. Preparation of documents:
Make sure to get the required documents ready. Ensure to get both original and photocopies of documents. Also, make sure they are stamped by the appropriate authorities before submission.
Step 3. Payment of the application fee:
All applicant will also be required to pay a certain fee for the visa application. You can check the Norway visa application in Nigeria here.
Step 4. Booking of Appointment
Once you are done with your online application and gathering your documents, you will need to book an appointment with a Norwegian embassy in your country.
To book an appointment with the Norwegian embassy in Nigeria is very simple. I have stated Norwegian embassy in Nigeria phone number and office address at the bottom of this page.
Step 5: Submission of the required documents;
When you arrive at the Norwegian embassy in Nigeria, you will be required to submit your documents and the visa application fee if you have not paid it online yet.
After you have submitted the documents, it will be forwarded to the Directorate of Immigration in Norway where it will be processed.
Step 6: Awaiting Response
The Directorate of Immigration will send you a response. So you have to wait for the the Directorate of Immigration to process the application. Check below to see how long you have to wait.
How to Apply for a Norway Student Visa in Nigeria
- Visit the Norwegian student visa application portal via https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/nor
- When you land on the page, navigate to where you see “Apply for a visa” as shown on the image below
- Click on the “Start Now” button to proceed
- On the next page, Identify the type of visa you want to apply for
- After that, scroll and tap on the option that reads “Begin your application”, there you will be redirected to the application form portal.
At this point, follow the steps below to get the application form
How to get Norway Student Visa Application Form in Nigeria
- Visit this link
- when you land on the page scroll to where you see “Go to online application”
- Click on the “Go to online application“ button to redirect to the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
- Now, scroll to where you see “Want to apply” and click on it as shown on the image below
- On the next page, scroll down to where you see “The applicant is a citizen of”
- In that section, type in “Nigeria” in the empty column and Nigeria name will pop up
- Select Nigeria and click on the “Choose” button to proceed as shown on the image below
- Go through the application instructions and options as shown on the page.
- Now, scroll down to where you see “Study Permit” and click on it as shown on the image below
- At this point, select the kind of school that you have been enroll into in Norway, follow the instructions to complete the remaining steps.
- After get the form, fill it correctly and then book an appointment as shown below.
How to Book an Appointment
After getting the application form, you have to fill it correctly and then proceed to book an appointment to carry out your fingerprints and photo capturing at a Visa Application Centre.
Below are the steps to booking an appointment;
- Visit the Norway student visa appointment page here
- Scroll to where you see “Book Now” and click on it as shown on the image below
- On the next page, you will receive a message similar to the one shown on the image below
- At this stage, you have to wait for an agent to join you.
- Once you’ve successfully booked an appointment, you will receive an email with the confirmation of your appointment and letter of appointment.
Note: it is advisable that you create an account before doing this because you can only book an appointment when you must have created an account.
How to Find a Visa Application Centre for Biometric
The Once you have booked an appointment, the next thing is to find a Visa Application Centre to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Below are the steps on how to find a Visa application centre to carryout your fingerprint, photo capturing and other biometric processes.
Currently, there are two Visa Application Centres in Nigeria. One is located in Abuja (FCT) and the other is located in Lagos State.
Below is the scheduled time for Abuja and Lagos centers;
|Abuja Center||Days||Time of Visit|
|Monday||09:00 – 15:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 – 15:00|
|Lagos center||Monday||09:00 – 15:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 – 15:00|
How Long Does it Take to Process a Norwegian Student Visa.
A Norway student visa takes about 2 months to process. Hence, it is very important to start early when applying for a student visa to avoid necessary delay.
Sometimes, it might take lesser time and sometimes, it might take longer than 2 months. Whatever the case is, it will never exceed the stipulated time.
Finally, If your application is granted, then you will have to proceed to applying for a residence permit by following these steps explained here.
Norway Embassy Address and Phone Number in Nigeria
Where Is Norway Embassy Located In Nigeria? The Norway embassy in Nigeria is located in the Nigerian Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
Address of the Norway Embassy in Nigeria:
The address of the Norway Embassy in Nigeria is 54 T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria, PMB 5136, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria
Norway Embassy in Nigeria Email Address:
Norway Embassy in Nigeria Phone Number:
The Norway Embassy in Nigeria official phone number is address is +234 813 989 0050
Though the application fee for a visa might seem costly, the cost of living is good and you might not spend much on tuition over there.
Norway is not just beautiful, but education is also free. You can easily rush to the website and get your application done.