Are you having problems using your MTN connection to check your National Identification Number (NIN)? We’ll lead you through the process of checking your MTN NIN in this guide. It is a straightforward procedure that may be completed with a USSD code or by going to an MTN service location.
You can effortlessly connect your NIN to your SIM card with it in order to continue receiving telecom services.
So let’s get going!
Importance of checking NIN on MTN
Verifying your National Identification Number (NIN) on your MTN line is crucial to making sure your SIM card is correctly registered and connected to your NIN. This is significant for the following reasons:
1. Adherence to governmental regulations
Every SIM card holder in Nigeria must now link their NIN to their SIM card in order to use their SIM. It is possible to confirm that you are in compliance with these rules by checking your NIN on MTN.
2. Non-stop telecom services
Your telecom services won’t be disrupted if your NIN is linked to your SIM card.
Your SIM card’s connection to your NIN can improve security and lower the possibility of SIM switch fraud.
4. Easy to recognize
If there is an emergency or another situation where your identity needs to be validated, it will be simple to identify you if your NIN is linked to your SIM card.
5. Essential for banking, government aid programs, and other services
Having your NIN connected to your SIM card means that you have access to government welfare programs, banking services, and other services since it is a necessary document.
6. It helps prevent terrorism and criminality
The NIN is an important instrument for identifying and stopping criminal activity and terrorist attacks.
How To Check NIN Number On MTN
1. Checking NIN via USSD code
It is quick and simple to check your National Identification Number (NIN) on MTN using the USSD code. You can verify your NIN and make sure it’s registered with the National Identity Management Commission by dialing a certain code on your phone (NIMC). In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to check your MTN NIN using a USSD code.
- Dial *789# on your MTN line
- Select “NIN Retrieval” from the menu
- Enter your 11-digit NIN
- Confirm the NIN by re-entering it
- Your NIN will be displayed on the screen for confirmation
- Press 1 to confirm that the NIN is correct
- Press 2 to re-enter your NIN if it is incorrect.
Please note that this service is chargeable at N20 per retrieval and is only available to MTN subscribers who have already registered their NIN with the NIMC.
2. Checking NIN at an MTN service center
A trustworthy and secure approach to verify your National Identification Number (NIN) registration with the National Identity Management Commission is to check it at an MTN service center (NIMC).
You can complete this step in person and will get a confirmation of your NIN registration. We’ll outline how to verify your NIN at an MTN service facility in this article, step by step.
- Locate an MTN service center near you. You can find the nearest service center by visiting the MTN website or by calling the MTN customer service line.
- Gather the necessary documents. You will need to provide a valid form of identification such as a driver’s license, national ID card, or international passport.
- Visit the service center and speak with a customer service representative. Inform them that you would like to check your NIN registration.
- Provide the representative with your valid form of identification and your 11-digit NIN.
- The representative will confirm your NIN registration with the NIMC and provide you with a confirmation of your NIN registration.
Please be aware that there can be a charge for this service. It is essential to call the MTN service center ahead of time to confirm the service charge.
3. Linking NIN to SIM card
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has mandated that all SIM card owners in Nigeria link their National Identification Numbers (NIN) to their SIM cards. To prevent fraud and identity theft, as well as to guarantee the security and validity of SIM card holders, this procedure is essential.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through each step of connecting your NIN to your SIM card on the MTN network.
- Dial *785# on your MTN line and select the option to link NIN to SIM.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN number and select “Submit”
- Verify your NIN details by inputting the OTP sent to your registered phone number
- Confirm that the details are correct and select “Submit”
- A confirmation message will be sent to you once the process is complete.
Note: You can get a NIN by going to the local NIMC office if you don’t already have one. Additionally, please confirm that you are utilizing the SIM card you want to connect to your NIN.
Finally, it is a straightforward process to verify your National Identification Number (NIN) on MTN by dialing *346#, choosing the option to check your NIN, and then entering your 11-digit NIN number.
In order to prevent any service issues, it is crucial to confirm that your NIN is correctly registered with MTN. You should also store a copy of your NIN in a secure location for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions
To check your NIN number on MTN, dial *785# and follow the prompt.
Yes, it is possible to check your NIN number on MTN using the USSD code *785#
Yes, you can check the NIN number of someone else on MTN, by providing the individual’s phone number and following the prompt when dialing *785#
If you get an error message when trying to check your NIN number on MTN, ensure that you have inputted the correct phone number or contact MTN customer care for assistance.
There is no charge for checking your NIN number on MTN with the USSD code *785#, however, regular data and airtime charges may apply if you are not using a free or flat-rate data plan.
- OPM Oversea Scholarship Form 2023 Requirements and How to apply.
- Free Universities in Nigeria 2023. No Payment of School Fee
- How to Study in Europe for Free 2022 |Free Universities