One of the biggest financial organizations in Africa, United Bank for Africa (UBA), provides a variety of banking services to its clients. UBA offers various practical options to check your account balance, which is an essential step in managing your finances. There is a method that suits you whether you like to use your phone, or computer, or go to a UBA branch.
This post will examine the various ways to check the balance in your UBA account and make sure you always have access to your money.
Importance of checking account balance
1. Financial Intelligence
Regularly check your account balance enables you to keep tabs on your spending habits and current financial condition.
You can efficiently plan your expenditures and adhere to your budget if you are aware of the amount in your account right now.
3. Fraud Prevention
You can spot any strange transactions and stop fraud by keeping a close eye on your account balance.
4. Eliminate Overdraft Fees
By ensuring that you have enough money to cover your transactions, routinely checking your balance can help you avoid paying expensive overdraft fees.
5. Effective Credit Management
Monitoring your spending patterns and keeping tabs on your account balance might assist raise your credit score and reflect favorably on your credit report.
6. Peace of Mind
In particular when it comes to managing your finances, having regular access to your account balance can help you feel more at ease and less stressed.
7. Transactional Proof
An account balance check can give you a record of all your transactions, which can be helpful for tax purposes or settling disputes with merchants.
8. An increase in cash flow
By routinely reviewing your account balance, you may successfully manage your financial flow and prevent unexpected money shortages.
How To Check UBA Account Balance
1. Checking UBA Account Balance via USSD Code
UBA Bank allows its customers to check their account balance using a USSD code. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial *919# on your mobile phone.
- Select “Check Balance” option.
- Enter your 4-digit UBA Bank USSD code.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
Note: You can obtain your UBA Bank USSD code by visiting the nearest UBA Bank branch or by contacting UBA Bank customer service.
2. Checking UBA Account Balance using UBA Mobile App
Customers of UBA Bank can access the UBA Mobile App to view their account balance. The steps are as follows:
- Download and install the UBA Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and sign in with your UBA online banking details.
- Select the “Accounts” tab.
- Your account balance will be displayed for all linked accounts.
Note: An active UBA online banking account is required in order to utilize the UBA Mobile App. Visit a UBA Bank branch close to you to register if you don’t already have one.
3. Checking UBA Account Balance with an ATM
If you have your UBA debit card, you can use the nearest ATM to check the balance of your account. See the steps for using an ATM to check your account balance below:
- Find the nearby ATM and use it.
- Insert your UBA credit or debit card.
- Your four-digit transfer PIN is required.
- touch the account balance button.
- You will see the balance of your account on the screen.
4. Checking UBA Account Balance via Online Banking
Another channel via which consumers can access their banking data and view their account balances is UBA internet banking. The steps listed below should be followed in order to check your account balance using UBA internet banking:
- Go to the UBA online banking site.
- To log in, enter your bank information.
- On the portal, click the Check Account Balance link.
- You will see the balance of your account on the screen.
Common Issues Encountered when Checking UBA Account Balance and How to Fix Them
The following are some typical issues you could encounter when checking your UBA account balance and possible solutions for them:
1. Incorrect USSD code
Verify that you are using the right code when using a USSD code to check your UBA account balance. If you dial the incorrect code, you could not hear back or see the incorrect information.
2. No airtime or data
You must have at least NGN 50 of airtime on your line in order to use a USSD code to check your UBA account balance. You won’t be able to use the USSD code if you don’t have airtime. If you’re using the UBA app, you will need an internet connection to access the app. If you don’t have data, you will not be able to use the UBA app.
3. Network problems
You might not be able to access the USSD code or the UBA app if your network is down. If so, you can either wait a short while and try again later or seek help from UBA customer support.
5. UBA app is not set up.
Make sure the UBA app is installed on your smartphone if you’re using it to check your UBA account balance. You won’t be able to use the app if it isn’t installed.
These steps can be used to try and fix any issues you may run into when checking your UBA account balance. If you’re still having trouble checking your UBA account balance, you can get more help by contacting UBA customer support.
In conclusion, there are a lot of practical ways to check your UBA account balance, such as by using a USSD code, the UBA app, or an ATM. For a variety of reasons, such as budgeting, financial intelligence, and peace of mind, knowing your UBA account balance is important. There are actions you may take to fix any issues you may have when checking your UBA account balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
The USSD code for checking your UBA account balance is *919#.
Yes, you need at least NGN 50 of airtime on your line to check your UBA account balance using a USSD code.
No, you need a smartphone to use the UBA app. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can check your UBA account balance using the USSD code or by contacting customer service.
Yes, you only need an internet connection to use the UBA app. If you don’t have an internet connection, you can check your UBA account balance using the USSD code or by contacting customer service.
If you’re unable to check your UBA account balance using a USSD code or the UBA app, you can contact UBA customer service for assistance.
- ubagroup.com – Internet Banking
- Teezab.com.ng – How to Check UBA Bank Account Balance on Mobile Phone
- University of People 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship for African Students
- OPM Oversea Scholarship Form 2023 Requirements and How to apply.
- Free Universities in Nigeria 2023. No Payment of School Fee