This information on how to fill the 2022 JAMB form correctly without mistakes will help 2022 JAMB candidates to avoid unnecessary mistakes that candidates do make in previous years.
We have covered how to choose first, second and third choice in JAMB, how to choose where you want to write your JAMB exam, and how to choose courses for first, second and third choice in JAMB.
One common mistake that JAMB candidates have been making in past years’ JAMB registration had always been the wrong filling of the form.
After every year’s registrations, we do receive numerous requests asking for how to correct one JAMB registration mistake or the other.
Because of that, we have decided to make these comprehensive guidelines beforehand to help the 2022 JAMB candidates avoid similar and common mistakes experienced in the past years.
What will happen if you make a mistake During JAMB Registration?
Gracefully, making a mistake during JAMB registration doesn’t necessarily mean you will be disqualified. JAMB gives room for the correction of mistakes.
But every mistake you wish to correct on your JAMB registration attracts a penalty fee and there are limited times to how often you can correct a particular mistake.
As such, it is advisable to totally avoid any mistake during your JAMB registration by following the proper 2022 JAMB registration step-by-step guidelines outlined below.
Step-by-step Guide for Filling JAMB Form 2022
The following are the actual and correct steps to fill your 2022 JAMB registration form without making a mistake; you will see their explanations and how to do them correctly at the bottom.
- Step One; Creating your NIN: The first step is to register and get your NIN ready. Register 2022 JAMB NIN free here.
- Step Two; Creating your JAMB profile: After getting your NIN, the next step is to link it to your JAMB profile. See how to link your NIN to your JAMB profile here.
- Step Three; Subject Combination Choice: In this step, you have to select your subject combination. See detailed explanation below.
- Step Four; Institution-choice Selection: In this step, the applicants have to choose four institutions. See JAMB’s explanation on selecting choices of institutions below.
- Step Five; Choice of Course Selection: At this stage, the candidates will be required to choose the courses he or she wish to aspire for in each of the institutions chosen in step four.
- Step Six; Exam center Region Selection: This is the stage that you have to choose the region that you want JAMB to give you a CBT center for your exam.
Check out: JAMB Registration procedures for 2022
How to Fill Personal Details (Bio-Data) in JAMB Form.
- First, Middle and Surname: This should be arranged properly in the order shown on the registration form
- Date of Birth: Your date of birth must include the day, month, and year in this order DD/MM/YY
- Sex: Select if you are male or female
- Marital Status: You have to choose whether you are single, married, or divorce
- Disabilities: If you have any disability, then indicate it here else, skip or select none
- Address: Supply requested address/addresses
- State of Origin: Select the state you come from not the state in which you reside in
- G.A of Origin: Fill in the name of the local government you come from.
- Country/Nationality: If you are from Nigeria, select Nigeria else, select your country.
- Email: Enter your registered email address
- Phone Number: This should be an active phone that is linked to your NIN.
- Guardian/Sponsor(s) name: This should be the name of either your parents or anyone that is your sponsor.
Released: See JAMB Recommended Novel for 2022
How to Choose Subject Combination Choice in JAMB Registration
In this step, you have to select the subject combination that best suits the course you want to study. Candidates are required to choose only three courses while English is added to make it four.
English or Use of English as the case may be is compulsory for Science, Arts, and Commercial students.
Attention: make sure your subject combination is accurate and should be exactly as recommended by your institution-of-choice for the course you are applying to, to avoid invalidating your admission.
How to Choose First, Second and Third Choice of Institutions in JAMB
How to Fill JAMB Institution-choice Selection: In this step, the applicants have to choose four institutions.
The first institution will be the candidate’s first choice institution, meaning the candidate is so much interested in the institution.
Subsequently, the candidate will have to choose the second choice institution, third choice institution, and fourth choice institution.
- Can I choose the same institution for my first and second choice? Candidates may not choose the same institution as their first and second choice.
- Must my First Choice be a Federal University? No!!! It is not compulsory that a candidate must choose a federal university as their first choice.
- Can I choose a state University as my first choice? Yes! Candidates are free to choose a state university as their first choice. The first choice means the institution you are so much interested in.
- Can someone choose a federal university as second choice? Yes! But many federal universities do not admit candidates that choose them as the second choice.
- Can I choose two (2) federal Universities in JAMB: Yes, but the second university might not admit you because many federal universities recommend you choose them as first-choice.
[See Also: How to do JAMB Change of Institution]
How to Fill JAMB Choice of Course Selection
At this stage, the candidates will be required to choose the courses that he or she wishes to study in each of the institutions selected.
Here, you can choose as many as four different courses for different institutions specified in the choice of institution.
- Can someone choose the same course for first choice and second choice institution? Yes! Candidates can choose the same course for their first choice and second choice institution.
- Can someone choose the same course for all the choice of institution? Yes!!! But this is not advisable and to some extent, it might not be accepted.
[See Also: How to do JAMB Change of Course]
How To Choose JAMB Examination Center Region
At this stage of JAMB registration, JAMB has given applicants the liberty to choose where they want to write their JAMB exam as follows:
- State of Exam Town: Here, you are to select the state that you wish JAMB to fix you to write your JAMB exam.
- Exam Town: In the exam town space, you are to choose the name of the town that you wish to write your JAMB exam within the State of Exam Town that you have chosen earlier.
Recommended: How to Check Your JAMB exam center, date and time
At this point, we believe this article guided you excellently on how to fill the 2022 JAMB form correctly without mistakes and errors. Please feel free to ask any questions using the comment box below.