This post will teach candidates how to register for JAMB 2022: In this article, we have covered three (3) comfortable ways to register for JAMB 2022.
These ways include the JAMB online registration via the JAMB portal, registration using phone, and registration at CBT Centers (Recommended for 2022 candidates)
We have also explained the step-by-step JAMB registration procedures at CBT and the online registration via the JAMB portal which you can do using your phone.
But before we start the full tutorial for the JAMB 2022 registration, it is very important that we start by answering some of the important questions that are related to the 2022 JAMB registration.
Can I Register for JAMB without WAEC/NECO Result?
If you are awaiting your Senior Secondary Certificate Exam (SSCE) result and No if you have not registered for any Senior Secondary Certificate Exam at all.
Check Also: How to upload WAEC or NEO results on JAMB Portal
Can I register for JAMB if my WAEC/NECO result is not ready?
Candidates that have written their Senior Secondary Certificate Exam (SSCE) but have not gotten their results yet can still register JAMB by selecting awaiting results.
How to Register JAMB with your phone
Can I register for JAMB using my Phone? Yes, you start JAMB registration using your phone but you cannot complete all the registration processes using your phone.
All candidates are free to register/create their JAMB profile with their phones, buy JAMB e-Pins with their phones but must visit an accredited CBT center to complete other steps like;
- Choosing institution choices
- Selecting of course of study
- Uploading of passports
- Uploading of O’level (awaiting results can be used)
- And validation of the application.
Recommended: See How to Buy JAMB ePin for 2022 Registration here
According to JAMB 2022 directives, all registration must be completed at accredited CBT centers. See the step-by-step JAMB registration procedures at CBT at the bottom.
Note: JAMB registrations that are carried out else way other than at approved CBT center(s) will be invalidated and canceled.
How to Register JAMB Online on JAMB Registration Portal 2022
The JAMB online registration portal is only open for part of the registration like creating of JAMB profile. After creating the profile, the candidates are to further to a CBT center with their profile email and password to complete the registration.
- How to create a JAMB profile for 20222 using NIN
- How to Register email for JAMB 2022
- The simple way to register NIN for JAMB 2022
The only approved portal for the 2022 JAMB online registration is https://jamb.gov.org/efacility. Below are the steps to follow;
Note: the online registration method on the JAMB portal is not recommended for your set (2022/2023). Check recommended methods below.
Meanwhile, to use this method to register online via the JAMB portal, kindly;
- Visit JAMB profile portal 2022 via https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/ or https://www.jamb.gov.ng/EfacilityLogin
- If you are using https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/, then select “Create e-Facility Account/Login” at the top right-hand side.
- Selecting the option above will redirect you to https://www.jamb.gov.ng/EfacilityLogin
- Click on “Create an Account”. See how to create a JAMB 2022 registration account here
- If you have created your account already, then log in with your details.
- Proceed to buy your JAMB e-Pin. See how and where to buy the 2022 JAMB e-Pin here
- Select how you want to pay for the e-Pin and fill in your details as required.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and you will be debited for the pin.
- Your e-Pin will be delivered to the phone number you used
- Take the e-Pin to any approved CBT center closer to you to complete the registration
Warnings; to avoid issues that may result in you losing your money in the process, it is advisable to visit an accredited CBT center to do your registration as shown below.
Registration Requirements at JAMB CBT Center
At the CBT center, you will need the following details and requirements to carry out the registration.
- N4,700 for the e-Pin, Recommended Novel, and Registration fee
- Your full name
- Your NIN. See how to register NIN for 2022 JAMB registration here
- Date of birth
- Profile code/Profile email and password. See how to create a 2022 JAMB profile here
- JAMB e-Pin. See how to buy the 2022 JAMB e-Pin here
- Your phone number
- G.A, State, and Country of Origin
- Date of Birth (D.O.B)
- Passport photographs
- 4 choices of institutions. See JAMB guideline for selecting choices of institutions here
- O’level (SSCE). Those that do not have any yet can use “awaiting result”
- Your subject combinations (three subjects with Use of English)
- 4 courses-of-choice for each institution selected. See JAMB guideline for selecting courses-of-choice here
- See how to fill the above details in the 2022 JAMB form here.
Step-by-Step JAMB Registration Procedures at CBT Centers
Below are the complete 4 steps to carrying out the 2022 JAMB registration and the complete step-by-step registration process at approved JAMB CBT Centers:
Step 1: Profile Creation/Passport Capturing/e-Pin
The first step in the registration process is to create your JAMB profile. Start creating your 2022 JAMB profile here with your phone for free.
Meanwhile, CBT centers can also help you to create a profile as long as you have your NIN and your registered phone number with you.
The next thing the CBT center will do is to snap you a passport photograph which will be used for the registration.
Next, will be the purchasing of the e-Pin. If you have not purchased yours already, then follow this step to purchase your JAMB registration e-Pin online.
Step 2: Updating your Bio-Data
To complete your registration at the CBT center, you will be asked for the following personal information/bio-data;
- Local Government Area of Origin
- State of Origin
- Maiden name
Step 3: Filling your Academic records:
This includes your O’level (either of WAEC, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB) with your grade for each subject. Candidates who are awaiting their O’level result should indicate it when registering.
Step 4: Choosing your Course, Institution, and Exam Town
Your Institution choice: This includes your choice of the institution as follows:
- First choice institution: You can choose a federal or State University
- Second choice institution: You can choose a federal or State University
- Third choice institution: You can choose a polytechnic or college
- Fourth choice institution: You can choose a college or private enterprise.
- See JAMB’s explanation on how to select choices of institutions correctly here.
Choosing a Course: Choosing your courses will follow this format;
- First choice: Course for your first-choice institution
- Second choice: Course for your second choice institution
- Third choice: Course for your third choice institution
- Fourth choice: Course for your fourth choice institution
- See JAMB’s explanation on selecting a course of study correctly here.
Materials to Receive from CBT Center after Completing the Registration
Once you are done with the registration at the CBT center, the CBT center will have to give you the following materials at no cost as long as you have paid the 4700 already;
- A CD copy of a JAMB Brochure: This CD is called a “JAMB brochure” and it contains all the information about the JAMB 2022 exam from registration to admission.
- JAMB 2022 Novel: The JAMB recommended novel is the JAMB compulsory Novel for Use of English and this novel is compulsory for all candidates.
- Registration Slip: The CBT center will also have to give you a printout of the JAMB registration completion slip.
We believe you have known the step-by-step JAMB registration procedures at CBT and the online registration via the JAMB portal. Thanks for reading.