Many mobile network providers, including MTN, provide a useful auto-renewal feature, which automatically renews a subscription or plan when it expires. On your MTN line, you might occasionally want to turn off auto-renewal for a subscription or plan.
In this article, we’ll give you the details and guidelines you require to stop MTN’s auto-renewal and retake control of your subscriptions and plans. Whether you wish to switch to a different plan or merely halt your current subscription, we can assist you in stopping MTN auto-renewal.
Reasons to Stop Auto Renewal on MTN
1. Services You Don’t Want to Subscribe To
Users have the option to turn off auto-renewal for services they no longer use or deem valuable in order to avoid being paid for them.
2. Financial Concerns
A user may decide to cease auto-renewal on services they can no longer afford if they are experiencing financial difficulties.
3. Switching Mobile Numbers
The auto-renewal of services tied to the old number may need to be stopped if the user changes their mobile number.
4. A lack of network coverage
A user may decide to cease auto-renewal on services they cannot access if they have poor network coverage.
5. A lack of customer service
A user has the option to cease auto-renewal of services if they are unhappy with the customer care they have received from MTN.
6. Alternate Network Switching
The auto-renewal of MTN services may need to be stopped if a user changes to another mobile network.
7. Manual Renewal is Preferable
Some users might prefer to manually renew services over having them do so on a regular basis.
How To Stop Auto Renewal on MTN
1. Call MTN customer service
Call MTN customer service to deactivate the auto renewal function if you’re an MTN user and are sick of having your services renewed each month. What you must do is as follows:
- From your MTN line, dial 180 and choose “Services and Tariffs,” option 4.
- Tell the customer service agent you wish to stop your services from renewing automatically.
- Give the agent your MTN phone number and authenticate your identity.
- The customer service agent will help you disable the auto renewal option for your account.
It’s that simple! Calling MTN customer service is the quickest and easiest way to stop the auto renewal of your services. Make sure to follow the steps outlined above to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience
2. Send a text message
If you’re an MTN user searching for a simple and quick way to stop your services from renewing automatically, you can do it by sending a text message. What you must do is as follows:
- Open a new text message on your MTN line.
- In the message body, type “STOP” followed by the name of the service you want to stop auto renewal for (e.g. STOP BLACKBERRY).
- Send the message to 131.
- You will receive a confirmation message that the auto renewal has been stopped for the specified service.
It’s that simple! You can quickly stop the automatic renewal of your MTN services by sending a text message to the number 131. To guarantee a smooth process, be sure to adhere to the aforementioned guidelines.
3. Use the MTN app
If you will be using the MTN mobile app to stop auto renewals, follow these steps:
- Download the MTN app from your app store.
- Open the app and log in with your MTN number.
- Go to the “Services” section of the app.
- Find the “Auto Renewal” option and select it.
- Turn off the toggle switch for auto-renewal.
- Confirm your action to stop the auto-renewal.
- You will receive a confirmation message that auto-renewal has been stopped.
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the app you are using. If you have any issues, you can contact MTN customer support for assistance.
How To Check If You Are Placed On An Auto Renewal On MTN
You can check if you are on an auto-renewal plan on MTN by following these steps:
- Dial *123# and select “My Plans” option.
- Select “Active Bundles” to view your current subscriptions.
- Look for any bundles marked as “Auto Renew” which means they will automatically renew when they expire.
Alternatively, you can also check your auto-renewal status by calling MTN customer care at 180.
In conclusion, canceling an MTN auto-renewal is a quick and easy operation. You can examine your active subscriptions and turn off any auto-renewal plans by phoning *123# and following the instructions. You can also reach MTN customer service at 180 for support if you need it. Keep track of your subscriptions to make sure you are only paying for the services you require; this may be done simply by turning off unused auto-renewals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Auto-renewal plans are subscriptions that automatically renew once they expire unless you opt out.
You may want to stop an auto-renewal plan if you no longer need the service or if you want to manage your expenses better.
You can check your active subscriptions by dialing *123# and selecting “My Plans” and “Active Bundles.”
You can stop an auto-renewal plan by dialing *123#, viewing your active subscriptions, and opting out of the auto-renewal.
If you are unable to stop the auto-renewal using *123#, you can call MTN customer care at 180 for assistance.
No, you will not be charged if you stop an auto-renewal plan. However, the plan will remain active until its expiration date.
If you don’t stop an auto-renewal plan, it will continue to automatically renew and you will be charged accordingly.
Yes, you can restart an auto-renewal plan by subscribing to it again and selecting the auto-renewal option.
- 247media.com.ng – How To Stop Auto Renewal On MTN 2023 – Cancel, Opt Out & Deactivate
- Thingstoknow.com.ng – How to cancel auto-renewal on MTN Data plans
- Work and School Abroad Scholarship Opportunities for Nigerian Students
- US Embassy Global Undergraduate Exchange Scholarship Program for Non-U.S. Citizens
- MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship for Undergraduate Students