The JAMB Mathematics syllabus 2022/2023 is out and all anticipating candidates have been advised to get a copy of this syllabus shown below and use it to prepare for the exam.
In a bit to assist the 2022 JAMB candidates, we have shown the JAMB syllabus for Mathematics 2022 in this article and have compiled it into PDF also, as gotten from the JAMB e-Syllabus portal.
This syllabus is made up of the topics to read for JAMB mathematics, topics that JAMB mathematics questions will be set from and JAMB area of concentration for mathematics 2022.
So of you want to have access to all that will help you to pass JAMB mathematics 2022, then kindly stay with this and make sure you use it anytime you want to study.
JAMB Mathematics Topics & Area of Concentration 2022
Before we go into the detailed syllabus, the following are the JAMB area of concentration for mathematics and the topics that the JAMB Mathematics questions 2022 will be set from.
Topic 1: Algebra
Algebra is divided into the following subtopics:
- Matrices and determinants
- Binary operations
Topic 2: Calculus
Calculus is further divided into the following subtopics:
- Application of differentiation
Topic 3: Geometry and Trigonometry
Geometry and Trigonometry is further divided into the following subtopics:
- Coordinate geometry
- Euclidean geometry
Topic 4: Number and Numeration
Number and numeration is further divided into the following subtopics:
- Number bases
Topic 5: Statistics
Statistics is further is divided into the following subtopics:
- Measures of dispersion
- Measures of location
- Permutation and combination
- Representation of data
JAMB Mathematics Syllabus 2022 PDF Download
Below is the detailed JAMB syllabus for mathematics 2022 and the detailed topics to read for the exam.
Algebra Area of Concentration 2022
- Change of subject of formula.
- Factor and remainder theorems.
- Factorization of polynomials
- Multiplication and division of polynomials.
- Roots of polynomials
- Simultaneous equations (one linear, one quadratic)
- Graphs of polynomials (degree not greater than 3)
- Analytical solutions of linear inequalities.
- Graphical solutions of linear inequalities.
- Quadratic inequalities with integral roots
Matrices and determinants
- Algebra of matrices
- Determinants of matrices
Note: both are matrices not exceeding 3 x 3
- Inverses of 2 x 2 matrices
- nth term of a progression.
- Sum of A.P and G.P
- Percentage increase and decrease.
- Identity and inverse elements (simple cases only).
Calculus Area of Concentration 2022
- Limit of a function.
- Differentiation of explicit algebraic
- Differentiation of simple trigonometrical functions (sine, cosine and tangent)
- Integration of explicit algebraic
- Integration of simple trigonometrical functions.
- Area under the curve.
Application of differentiation
- Rate of change.
- Maxima and minima.
Geometry and trigonometry Area of Concentration 2022
- Midpoint and gradient of a line segment.
- Distance between two points.
- Parallel and perpendicular lines.
- Equations of straight lines.
- Properties of angles and lines.
Note: focus on quadrilaterals, triangles, and general polygons.
Note: candidates are advised to focus on cyclic-quadrilaterals, intersecting chords and angle properties.
- Locus in 2 dimensions
- Trigonometrical ratios of angles.
- Angles of elevation
- Angles of depression.
- Areas and solutions of triangle.
- Graphs of sine and cosine.
- Sine and cosine formulae.
- Lengths of plane geometrical figures
- Areas of plane geometrical figures.
- Lengths of arcs
- Chords of a circles.
- Perimeters and areas of sectors and segments of circles.
- Surface areas
- Volumes of simple solids and composite figures
- The earth as a sphere (longitudes and latitudes)
Number and Numeration Area of Concentration 2022
Fractions, decimals, approximation and percentages
- Fractions and decimals.
- Significant figures
- Decimal places
- Percentage errors.
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss percent
- Valued Added Tax (VAT)
Indices, logarithms and surds
- Laws of indices
- Standard form
- Laws of logarithm
- Logarithm of any positive number to a given base
- Change of bases in logarithm and application
- Relationship between indices and logarithm
- Types of sets.
- Algebra of sets.
- Venn diagrams
- Applications of Venn diagrams
- Operations in number bases (from base 2 – base 10)
- Conversion from one base to another
Statistics Area of Concentration 2022
Measures of dispersion
- Standard deviation
Measures of location
- Median of grouped and ungrouped data (simple cases only).
- Cumulative frequency.
Permutation and combination
- Linear arrangements
- Circular arrangements
- Arrangements involving repeated objects.
- Experimental probability
Examples of experimental probability include tossing of coin and throwing of a dice.
- Addition of probabilities
- Multiplication of probabilities
Note: both the addition and multiplication involve mutual and independent cases
Representation of data
- Frequency distribution.
- Bar chart
- Pie chart
JAMB Recommended Text Books for Mathematics 2022
Text name: Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3
- Author: Tuttuh, Adegun M
Text name: Distinction in Mathematics Comprehensive Revision Text
- Author: Adelodun A. A
- Edition: 2000 (3rd Edition)
Text name: Further Mathematics
- Author: Egbe. E
Text name: Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions
- Author: Anyebe, J. A. B
- Edition: (1998)
Text name: New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3
- Author: Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M
- Edition: (2001)
Text name: Agebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges
- Author: Ibude, S. O.
Text name: New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools
- Author: David A–Osuagwu, M.
With this access, we believe you can now get in touch with the JAMB Syllabus for mathematics 2022/2023, JAMB mathematics topic to read and the JAMB area of concentration for mathematics.
Meanwhile, it is also advisable to download the JAMB mathematics syllabus 2022 in PDF form JAMB ibass eSyllabus here and use it offline anytime.