Welcome and nice meeting you again with another helpful piece of information. In this article, I will be explaining the Norway student visa requirement from Nigeria for Nigerian citizens.
This includes the Norway student visa Embassy requirements in Nigeria, the qualifications for Norway student visa in Nigeria and the minimum bank balance needed for the application.
Meanwhile, you can also check out;
Who is Qualified to Apply for A Norway Student Visa?
Basically, if you are an international student who intends to spend more than 90 days or study a program that takes longer, then you need a student visa.
Note: international student who belongs to any of the European Union ( EU), European Economic Area(EEA) and the European Free Trade Association( EFTA) countries do not need to apply for a student visa.
However, if you are an international student that is not a citizen in any of those countries, then you need to apply for a student visa.
But before you can be allowed to apply for the Norwegian student visa in Nigeria, you must meet the core requirements as stated by the Norway student visa embassy in Nigeria.
Norway Student Visa Embassy Requirement for Nigerian Citizens 2022
What are the requirements needed when applying for a Norwegian Student Visa in Nigeria? The following are the core requirements needed when applying for a Norwegian Student Visa in Nigeria:
- A valid travel document
- An international passport
- Evidence of financial funds
- A completed application form
- Acceptance letter from a Norwegian University
- You must study full-time but can apply for work permit in due time
- A recent passport photograph
- Evidence of accommodation
- Receipt of the application fee
- A resident permit (Will only be required after completing your Visa application.
Note: As an international student, you will also have to apply for a residence permit if you are studying a course that is gonna take longer than 90 days.
Norway Residence Permit Requirements for students from Nigeria
As a student with a residence permit, there are so many things you can do. The basic requirements for a student residence permit are:
- Your passport
- Your acceptance letter from the Norwegian university
- Bank statement
- Proof of Health insurance
Goodnews! As an international student, once you get your residence permit, you are permitted to work while studying. Working part- time while studying goes a long way in helping fix some of your bills.
Bank Balance Requirement for Norwegian Student Visa
- The student who is the applicant, must be able to pay the visa application fee.
- You must how evidence that you have enough money that will be able to sustain you throughout the period you are going to study in Norway.
- It is recommended that the applicant should have at least NOK 128,887 (N5 Million+ Naira) per year, for the entire school year.
- If you are going to be a student for only one semester in Norway, you must document NOK 58 585 for the autumn semester and NOK 70 302 for the spring semester.
Note: This amount may include student loans, grants, your personal funds that you have in a Norwegian bank account or the deposit account of the educational institution.
If you do not have any Norwegian bank account, then you may use the bank account at the institution where you are going to study.
With this, I believe you have known the Norway student visa requirement for Nigerian citizens and the Norway student visa Embassy requirements in Nigeria.
While relying on this, you may be required to provide additional documents for clearance, depending on your type of study visa and your case records.