There are many free online precious metals courses with certificates 2022 on Coursera, Udemy, and many other online courses platforms.
In this article, I will list, explain and share links to the most trusted free and paid online precious metals courses with certificates that you should enroll for.
About Precious Metals
Precious metals are rare, naturally occuring metallic chemical elements of high economic value. In the early days, precious metals were important as currency but are now regarded mainly as investment and industrial raw materials.
There are four primary precious metals which are; gold, silver, platinum and palladium. However the most important precious metals are the coinage metals which are gold and silver.
In recent times, there is a high demand for precious metals due to their practical use as a store of value and investments. Investors purchase precious metals mainly as a financial asset.
Enrolling for Precious Metals Courses?
If you are planning to enroll for or to start a business in the precious metals field, then there are three main things to be taken note of and there are as follows;
- Karat: This is a grading system used to determine the purity of gold. 24 karat is pure gold, hence one karat is equal to 1/24th of pure gold.
- Fineness: it is the proportion of the pure precious metal in the alloy. This is often expressed in parts per thousand. The 999 number usually seen written on gold indicates its fineness.
- Troy Ounce: It is the measure to determine the weight of the precious metals.
Due to their ductility, lustre and rarity, precious metals have become very distinct. As a result of these qualities, they are more expensive than other metals. These metals are the ones used for jeweleries.
Have you ever wanted to invest or to build a career in precious metals like gold and silver, but do not know how to go about it?
If yes, then do not worry, as I would be mentioning various online courses where people are going to be thought on precious metals, their history, uses, etc.
Basic Requirements to Enroll for Online Precious Metals Course
- You must have Access to internet
- Access to a mobile phone or device (Android, tablet, desktop etc).
- You must be a self directed learner
- One must possess a sound language and literacy skills.
List of Online Precious Metals Courses
1. Introduction to Precious Metals
- Offered by: CME Group
Precious metals are not just related to jewellery or buillion, it is a whole lot more. During this course, students will get to know more about the precious metals market, explore factors impacting supply and demands, its uses ( both industrial and commercial) and ways to hedge and manage risk.
2. Precious Metals Specialist Diploma
The duration of this course is about 7 months and it is usually delivered in a presentation format.
During this course, students are usually taught on the following:
- Mining stocks
- How to buy metal
- Ways to limit risk
- Exploring futures
- Dealing with taxes
- Choosing a trading approach
- Certificates are usually awarded at the end of course.
3. The Metallurgy of Precious Metals
This course focuses mainly on the following precious metals:
Also, students will get to;
- discover more about the origin, formation and properties of precious elements.
- gain further understanding about the best use of metals and alloys for jewellery manufacture. The course fee is usually available on request.
4. Precious Metals/ Gold Melting, Refining and Casting
This is a course suitable for refining as part of jewel practice, therefore students must have some working knowledge of traditional jewellery making
Students are taught on the following areas:
- Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Melting Scrap
- Sizing and shrinkage
This course is usually delivered on zoom and its fee is upon request.
5. London Metal Exchange Training
- Offered by: Euro’s money
It provides an indepth examination of how the LME operates and how its core services of pricing, hedging and delivery can benefit your organisation.
6. Investing in Gold and Silver by Udemy
- Offered by: Udemy
After completion of this course, students wil get to understand the following:
- The various investment options available and the risk and reward of each. How to invest in gold and silver for the long term, maintain your purchasing power and potentially profit from precious metals.
- How to profit from economic downturns.
- History of precious metals particularly Gold.
This course includes the following:
- 2 hours on demand video.
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and Tv
- Certificates of completion
This course cost about #13,500 and is available for anyone who wants to know about precious metals and also beginner investors who are looking to diversify their portfolios.
Benefits of Investing in Precious Metals
- They are widely available via banks, market dealers and buillion brokers thereby making it very accessible.
- High liquidity
- If you want to maintain a low risk investment portfolio, then you should consider precious metals such as gold and silver.
- Precious metals such as gold and silver are highly valuable metals, therefore making its demand high.
If you are someone that plans on diversifying your portfolio,then you should consider investing in precious metals.
Aside from acquiring it as an asset, it could be of great help in times of economy meltdown. Some investments will come and go, they are coming in and out of fashion as time goes on but gold and silver aren’t going anywhere.
They are too important in the industry, jewellery making etc. Therefore this is one sector one can leverage on that change his financial status.