If you are finding it difficult to get into the university to study health information science, then here are the best colleges that offer health information management in Nigeria in 2021.
Health management science is a very lucrative health course that is closely related to other medical courses offered in Nigerian universities.
A graduate of health information science has so many job opportunities both in the federal, state, or private health sector or in pharmaceutical or health research industries, organizations, and firms.
Interestingly, a graduate of health information technology with a degree or Diploma can easily apply for a Master’s or Pre-master’s Degree programme in a more advanced medical discipline.
If you want to grab these opportunities for yourself, then kindly read this information carefully and it will guide you on how to go about it.
[Also Check: Colleges that offer Medicine and surgery in Nigeria]
What You Should Know About Health Information Management
Health information technology is a medical-related course that focuses more on gathering useful information that can be applied to improve the standard of Health.
In most Nigerian universities, this course is offered as Health information science while others may offer it as physical education, health education, and so on.
Like we stated earlier, a graduate of health information technology can also apply for a Master’s or Pre-master’s program in other advanced medical disciplines and get accepted.
Other important things to know about this course and the job opportunities available for graduates of Health information science and technology will be seen below.
[Also Check: Polytechnics that offer Nursing in Nigeria]
The Difference Between Studying Health Information in a College and in a University
The most considered differences between studying health information science or technology in a university or college are as follows;
In advanced countries like U.S, U.K, and so on, Colleges and universities have the same certification (Degree) because colleges are sub-universities.
Meanwhile, in Nigeria, colleges of education are different from universities. Colleges of education in Nigeria can only certify their graduates with NCE which is far lower than a Degree.
[See Also: Polytechnics that Offer Pharmacy in Nigeria]
But; that is not the same for colleges of health sciences. Colleges of health sciences/technologies in Nigeria are not the same as Colleges of education although they have many similarities.
So in this context, we are referring to Colleges of sciences/technologies which are sometimes referred to as ‘School of Science and Technology)
Where will you work if you study Health Information Technology?
Whether you study Health information science, health information technology, or health information science and technology as a course, there are many job opportunities for you.
A graduate of health information science and technology can work in the following place;
- Primary health sector
- Governmental and private health institutes
- Health information and research firms
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Health instruction firms
- Health consultation and management firms, and so on.
These are just some among many other job opportunities for health information science and technology graduates.
Note; if you advance for a Master’s degree program, your job positions, chances, and opportunities will definitely increase.
[Check Also: Polytechnics in Nigeria that offer medicine and surgery]
Colleges in Nigeria that Offer Health Information Management
The following are some of the known colleges of science and technology in Nigeria that offer Health information science or technology as a course in 2021:
- Imo State College Of Nursing & Health Sciences located in Imo State
- University of Uyo Teaching Hospital’s School of Health Information Management located in Uyo in Akwa Ibom State
- Anambra State College of Health Technology located in Obosi in Anambra State
- Kwara State College of Health Technology located in Offa in Kwara State
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Teaching Hospital
- Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital located in Kana
- Delta State College Of Health Technology located in Ofuoma Ughelli in Delta State
- Plateau State College of Health Technology located in Zawan in Plateau State
- Aminu Dabo College of Health Sciences
- College of Health Sciences & Technology located in Ijero Ekiti in Ekiti State.
- Bauchi State College Of Health Technology located in Bauchi State
- Gombe State College Of Health Sciences & Technology located in Kaltungo
- Millennium College of Health Technology located in Akure in Ondo State
- College of Health Technology located in Calabar in Cross River State
- University of Illorin School of Health Information Management located in Ilorin
- Lagos State College of Health Technology located in Lagos State
- University Of Calabar Teaching Hospital located in Calabar in Cross River State
- Emirates College of Health Science & Technology located in Kano State
- Newgate College of Health Technology located in Minna in Niger State
- The School Of Health Information Management located in Borno in Borno State
- University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital located in Port Harcourt in Rivers State
- Osun State School of Health Technology located in Ogun State
- Nigerian Navy School of Health Science located in Offa in Kwara State
- College of Health Technology located in Ogun State
- POGIL College of Health Technology located in Oke-Eri
- NKST College Of Health Technology located in Mkar in Benue State
- College of Health Science and Technology located in Rivers State
- University of Benin School of Health Information Management located in Benin
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University’s Teaching Hospital Sokoto located in Sokoto State
- Shehu Idris College Of Health Science and Technology
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University’s Teaching Hospital located in Awka in Anambra State
- Lagos State University’s Teaching Hospital is located in Lagos State.
Note: there are some other colleges that offer Health information science and technology/management in Nigeria which are not listed here.
But we promise to keep updating more colleges as we gather more useful information that will help you more.
Meanwhile, if you have more useful recommendations, corrections, and contributions that may be useful for us or questions that you need clarification on, use the comment section below to get in touch with us.