In this article, we shall find out if there are polytechnics that offer accounting in Nigeria in 2022. So if you are interested in seeing the list of polytechnics in Nigeria that offer financial accounting, then read further.
The good news is that there are good polytechnics in Nigeria that offer financial accounting as a single course. This includes both federal, state, and private poly.
Note: although polytechnics were originally founded for science and technology-related courses, there are so many polytechnics in Nigeria that actually offer financial accounting in Nigeria.
In this article, we have listed about 78 federal, state, and private polytechnics in Nigeria that offer accounting as a single course at ND and HND levels.
Is there accounting in polytechnic?
There are good federal, state, and private polytechnics in Nigeria that offer accounting as a single course through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
These polytechnics are all accredited and licensed and they are all recognized institutions that offer admission for both OND and HND programmes.
In this article, we have listed about 78 of the federal, state, and private polytechnics in Nigeria that offer accounting as a single course for both OND and HND levels.
Does Accounting Students from Poly go for NYSC?
All accounting graduates from an approved and accredited polytechnic in Nigeria are eligible to go for the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) programme.
But such graduates are expected to have completed Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes.
Polytechnic JAMB Subjects Combination for Accounting
According to the Joint Admission and matriculation board requirements, the approved polytechnic JAMB subject combination for accounting at polytechnics are as follows:
- Use Of English
- Government or Accounting
Polytechnic WAEC/NECO Subject Combination for Accounting
According to the polytechnic O’level admission requirements, the approved polytechnic O’level (WAEC, NECO, or GCE) subject combinations for accounting are as follows:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Government or Commerce
List of Polytechnics that Offer Accounting in Nigeria 2022
The following is the list of the federal, state, and private polytechnics in Nigeria that offer accounting as a single course for both OND and HND programmes:
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Valley View Polytechnic, Ohafia, Abia State
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos
- Yaba College Of Tech, Lagos
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Afikpo
- Federal Polytechnic, Ida
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda
- Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot-Osurua
- Allover Central Polytechnic, Ota O
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Crown Polytechnics, Odo Ado-Ekiti
- D.S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic, Itori
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari-Garam Road, FCT-Abuja
- Eastern Polytechnic, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Edo State Institute Of Technology And Management, Usen
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Saapade, Ogun State
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Igbo-Owu Polytechnic, Kwara State
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Interlink Polytechnic, Ijebu-Jesa, Osun State Nigeria
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic, Lekki, Lagos
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Kings Polytechnic, Ubiaja
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu
- Nogak Polytechnic, Mile 2 Road, Ikom, Cross River State
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Ondo City Polytechnic, Ondo State
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Light House Polytechnic, Eubuobanosa, Edo State
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic, Geidam, Yobe State
- Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori
- Ronik Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia State
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
- Nacabs Polytechnic, Akwanga, Nasarawa State
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic, Oyo State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Uka
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Uyo City Polytechnic, Akwa-Ibom State
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
Polytechnics JAMB Cut off mark for Accounting 2022
The federal, state, and private polytechnics’ JAMB cut-off mark for accounting is 120. This cut-off mark is the approved JAMB cut-off mark for all federal, state, and private polytechnics.
To ensure that you stand a better chance of being admitted in top and competitive polytechnics, it is advisable to score at least 160 or above in JAMB and have a good O’level result.
That is the list of the 78 federal, state and private polytechnics in that offer accounting in Nigeria as a single course for both OND and HND levels.
For further questions, recommendations, inquiries, and suggestions, kindly use the comment section below to reach out to us.