I believe it will be helpful to share the list of Polytechnics that offer biochemistry in Nigeria in 2022 with all the candidates that wish to study biochemistry in a polytechnic in 2022.
In this article, I have made a list of the best polytechnic to study biochemistry in Nigeria, their admission requirements, and the complete list of other polytechnics that offer biochemistry.
If you are new to higher education in Nigeria, then it is good to let you know that biochemistry is one of the most valued and lucrative courses in Nigeria.
As such, we encourage you to go for it and build a career in it if you really have the passion for studying a medical-related course.
How Lucrative is Biochemistry After Graduating
Before listing all the best polytechnics that offer biochemistry in Nigeria, let’s evaluate the biochemistry discipline and the lucrative it is to build a career.
Biochemistry is a medical-related course just as Microbiology, Medical Laboratory Science, Pharmacy, and so many more. See the list of easy medical courses to study in Nigeria here.
A biochemist can work in any medical field such as a Laboratory, Pharmaceutical industry, Clinic, Hospital, Research firm, and even as a lecturer, tutor, or instructor.
- How to switch from Polytechnic Biochemistry to Medicine in the University
- Medical courses that accept transfer from biochemistry
So this is to simply say that there are numerous work opportunities for graduates from biochemistry, especially in the medical and research sector.
Read also: Polytechnics that Offer Nursing in Nigeria
Admission Requirements to Study Biochemistry in a Nigerian Polytechnic
The following are some of the most compulsory admission requirements for studying biochemistry in any Nigerian Polytechnic in Nigeria:
- JAMB Score (At least 130 to 150 score)
- 5 credit passes in O’level
- O’level passes in English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics
- And other requirements for the Post UTME screening exercise
Which Polytechnic Offers Biochemistry in Nigeria?
Now that you have known the compulsory admission requirements for studying biochemistry in Nigerian Polytechnics, let’s take a look at the list of Polytechnics that offer biochemistry in Nigeria.
While there is no polytechnic that offers biochemistry as a single course, there are many Polytechnics that offer biochemistry-related course known as Science Laboratory Science (SLT).
Students who study Science Laboratory Science (SLT) in Polytechnic can easily switch to biochemistry in any University of their choice.
Below are Polytechnics that offer biochemistry-related courses (Science Laboratory Science) in Nigeria:
The following are the federal polytechnics in Nigeria that Offer Biochemistry-related Courses in 2022:
- Federal Polytechnic, Akanu Ibiam, Unwana
- Bali Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Bauchi Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu
- Ado-Ekiti Federal Polytechnic, Ado
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State
- Idah Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Ilaro Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura-Namoda
- Offa Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
Below are the state polytechnics in Nigeria that Offer Biochemistry-related Courses in 2022:
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic
- Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia
- Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Delta State Polytechnic Otefe-Oghara
- Edo State Polytechnic, Usen
- Yaba College of Technology
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Adamawa State Polytechnic Yola
- Taraba State Polytechnic, Suntai
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Ikot Osurua
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Oke Ogun Polytechnic Saki
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Polytechnic Ibadan
- Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, Hadejia
- Trinity Polytechnic, Etoi
- Crown polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Dorben Polytechnic, Garam
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic, Geidam
- Temple Gate Polytechnic
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic Ijebu Igbo
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Gateway Polytechnic, Sapade
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic Eruwa
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikoyi Lagos
- Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri
We believe you benefitted from this 2022 list of Polytechnics that offer biochemistry in Nigeria and the requirements needed to gain admission to study biochemistry in any polytechnic in Nigeria.
If this information was helpful to you, then we believe it will help other candidates too. Please kindly share and feel free to drop your comment in the comment section below.