An updated list of polytechnics that offer business administration, or business management in Nigeria in 2022, their cut-off mark, and their admission requirements for ND and HND.
In this article, we have listed all the Polytechnics that offer business management in Nigeria for the 2022/2023 academic session.
This listing includes the old and new federal, state, and private polytechnics that offer business admin in Nigeria and their admission requirements for the 2022/2023 academic session.
To also help candidates with the proper subject requirements, we have listed the polytechnic JAMB and WAEC subject combinations for business administration.
Note: Business administration and business management in Nigeria are the same course but sometimes given a different name depending on how the school chooses to call it.
ND Admission Requirements for Business Admin in Polytechnics
The following are the recommended polytechnic admission requirements for business administration in Nigeria for the Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- 5 Credit passes in O’level result, including Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology
- A maximum of two sittings in O’level
- A minimum JAMB score of 120
- You must be 16 years or older
Check also: Polytechnics that offer public administration
HND Admission Requirements for Business Management Polytechnics
Below are the recommended polytechnic admission requirements for business administration in Nigeria for the Higher National Diploma (HND):
- National Diploma (ND) of the Polytechnic or equivalent qualification from an institution whose programs have earned NBTE accreditation.
- The National Diploma (ND) Certificate must be in the course that the student intends to pursue at the Higher National Diploma level.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level credit passes, including Mathematics and English Language
- The applicant must have gone through the National Diploma (ND) Industrial Training (IT).
Do Polytechnics Offer Business Administration?
Polytechnics in Nigeria offer business administration. Some schools offer it as business administration while others offer it as business management.
The good news is that both federal, state, and private polytechnics offer both business administration and business management as a single course for ND and HND
Meanwhile, there are several polytechnics that offer this course and we have listed their names and their JAMB Cut off marks below.
Polytechnic Subject Combination for Business Administration
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) approved JAMB subject combination for business admin for Polytechnics are
- Use of English
- Any of Commerce, Literature or Accounting
Check also: Polytechnics that offer accounting
Polytechnic JAMB Cut off mark for Business Admin 2022
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has approved that the Polytechnic JAMB cut-off mark for business administration is 120.
This implies that before a candidate is accepted into any polytechnic to study business admin, he or she must have a JAMB score of at least 120.
Based on experiences, a candidate will need at least 150 to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study business administration at the ND level.
Check also: List of 67 courses offer in polytechnics in 2022
List of Polytechnics that offer Business Administration in Nigeria 2022
The following are the approved Nigerian Federal, State, and Private polytechnics that offer business administration in 2022:
- Air Force Institute of Technology Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic of Unwana, Afikpo
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic of Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic of Bida
- Federal Polytechnic of Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic of Ede
- Federal Polytechnic of Ida
- Federal Polytechnic of Kaura/Namoda
- Federal Polytechnic of Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic of Nassarawa
- Federal Polytechnic of Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic of Oko
- Federal Polytechnic of Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic of Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic of Uka
- Federal School of Statistics, Manchok, Kaduna
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
Other Polytechnics that offer Business Management:
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Adamawa State Poly, Yola
- Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot-Osurua
- Allover Central Polytechnic, Ota O
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Benue State Poly, Ugbokolo
- Bolmor Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Cross River State Institute Of Technology And Management, Ugep
- Crown Polytechnics, Odo Ado-Ekiti
- D.S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic, Itori
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Dorben Polytechnic, Abuja
- Eastern Polytechnic, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Edo State Institute Of Technology And Management, Usen
- Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Saapade, Ogun State
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic of Kazaure
- Ibadan City Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Imo State Polytechnic, Owerri
- Interlink Polytechnic, Osun State
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic, Lagos State
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Lagos State
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic, Yobe State
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Nacabs Polytechnic, Akwanga, Nasarawa State
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Niger State Poly, Zungeru
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Rivers State Poly, Bori
- Ronik Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Shaka Polytechnic
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia State
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Oyo State
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Tower Polytechnic, Oyo State
- Uyo City Polytechnic, Akwa-Ibom State
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba
Those are the updated list of polytechnics that offer business administration, and business management in Nigeria in 2022 that offer the course as a single course and their admission requirements for ND and HND.