In this article, we are going to discuss the polytechnics that offer medical laboratory science in Nigeria as a single course for ND and HND programs.
So if you are ready to know the polytechnics that offer Medlab in Nigeria in 2022 and their admission requirements and cut-off mark, then this will serve you better.
Before we start, Medical laboratory science also known as MLS in Nigeria is a medical-related course. This course is very lucrative and in higher demand.
Gaining admission to study medical laboratory science in Nigeria in a Nigerian polytechnic or university is very competitive and as such requires a high JAMB score.
What’s the cut-off mark for Medical Laboratory Science?
The polytechnic cut-off mark for medical laboratory science is 120 minimum. But some polytechnics will require you to score at least 150.
Note: so many top polytechnics will not admit you with a 120 IAMB score even when their cut-off mark is that range. So you need at least 150 in JAMB.
Does Polytechnic offer MLS?
Does polytechnic offer medical laboratory science?
Yes! Polytechnics in Nigeria do offer medical laboratory science but not as a single course but they offer it as science laboratory technology (SLT).
This means that the polytechnic version of medical laboratory science (Medlab) is science laboratory technology (SLT).
What is the difference between SLT and MLS?
Medical laboratory science (Medlab) is a branch of biological sciences Laboratory that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disease or injury.
Medical laboratory science provides the required and key information that is suitable for diagnosis and treatment of disease or injuries and also assists in the maintenance of healthy lifestyles.
Science laboratory technology (SLT) is the branch of medical science that handles laboratory investigations that can help in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases.
List of Polytechnics that Offer Medical Laboratory Science (Medlab)
Which polytechnic can I study medical laboratory science? below is the list of the Polytechnics in Nigeria that you can study Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) as SLT:
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Adamawa State Polytechnic Yola
- Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo
- Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, Hadejia
- Crown polytechnic, AdoEkiti
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Ikot Osurua
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic Ijebu Igbo
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic, Geidam
- Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic Itori, Itori
- Dorben Polytechnic, Garam
- Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Delta State Polytechnic OtefeOghara
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- The Federal Polytechnic, AdoEkiti, Ado
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Uwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Polytechnic Ibadan
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Interlink Polytechnic Ijebu Jesa
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic Zaria
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia
- Delta State Polytechnic OgwashiUku
- The Oke Ogun Polytechnic Saki
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- OSISATECH Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Gateway Polytechnic, Sapade
- Ken SaroWiwa Polytechnic, Bori
- Taraba State Polytechnic, Suntai
- Temple Gate Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic Eruwa
- Trinity Polytechnic, Etoi
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu
- Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic Sokoto
- Edo State Polytechnic, Usen
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikoyi Lagos
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
Please Note: these polytechnics do not offer medical laboratory science (MLS) directly as a single course, but they offer it as Science laboratory technology, which is almost the same.
At this point, we believe you have known the names of the polytechnics in Nigeria that offer medical laboratory science (MLS) and their requirements. Hope you found it helpful?