Updated list of polytechnics that offer Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria as a single course and their admission requirements.
Are you interested in knowing the names of the Polytechnics in Nigeria that offer Nutrition and Dietetics? If yes, then here you got it.
We believe this article will be helpful to a lot of candidates and applicants that are looking for the Nigerian polytechnics that offer Nutrition and Dietetics in 2022.
Do Polytechnics offer Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria?
Yes! Both Federal, State and Private Polytechnics and Colleges in Nigeria offer Nutrition and Dietetics.
Nutrition and Dietetics is a health-related course offered in Nigerian polytechnics as a single course.
This course is equivalent to Nutrition and Dietetics and Health science in Nigerian Universities.
Polytechnic Cut off Mark for Nutrition and Dietetics 2022
The general JAMB Cut off mark for Nutrition and Dietetics at federal, state and private polytechnics ranges 120 upward depending on how prestigious and competitive the polytechnic is.
Candidates who cannot secure a high JAMB score to gain gain admission into Nutrition and Dietetics in top Nigerian universities can use the same score and apply for admission into a polytechnic and get accepted.
- List of polytechnics that offer Pharmacy
- 16 medical courses offered in Nigerian Polytechnics
- List of polytechnics that offer Microbiology
- Polytechnics that offer Biochemistry
Polytechnic JAMB Subject combination for Nutrition and Dietetics
The polytechnic JAMB subjects combination for Nutrition and Dietetics are:
- Use of English
- Choose one subject among Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Agricultural Science, or Home Economics.
The O’level Subjects Combination for Nutrition and Dietetics
The polytechnic O’level (WAEC or NECO) subjects combination for Nutrition and Dietetics are:
- Choose one subject among Physics, Geography, Economics
13 Polytechnics Offering Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria 2022
The following are the known 13 polytechnics in Nigeria that offer Nutrition and Dietetics as a single course in Nigeria:
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Shehu Idris College Of Health Sciences And Technology, Makarfi
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
What can you Become after Graduating from Nutrition and Dietetics
In Nigeria, a graduate of Nutrition and Dietetics can use his or her degree to further his or her education by switching to other professional medical courses.
Meanwhile, such graduate can become or can work as Animal Nutritionist, Food Technologist, Nutritionist, Nutritional therapist, Medical sales representative, etc.
Other job duties for graduate of Nutrition and Dietetics includes Health promotion specialist, Community education officer, development worker, International nutritional aid, etc.
Final Note: currently, there are about 13 Polytechnics in Nigeria that officially offer Nutrition and Dietetics as a single course.
Meanwhile, there are other colleges and schools of health in Nigeria that also offer are Nutrition and Dietetics as a single course.