We have published the list of the polytechnics that offer software engineering in Nigeria 2022 as a single course through JAMB UTME or direct admission.
So if you have been searching for the polytechnics in Nigeria that offer Software engineering as a course with their admission and entry requirements, then read this carefully.
Additionally, we have made in-depth research into how good it is to study software engineering in Nigeria, especially in a polytechnic.
Finally, we have started the polytechnic JAMB subject and O’level (WAEC, NECO, or GCE) subjects requirements for studying software engineering in a polytechnic.
Polytechnic Admission Requirements for Software Engineering
To stand a better chance of gaining admission into any Nigerian polytechnic to study software engineering, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- A minimum of 5 credits in O’level (SSCE/GCE)
- Your O’level must not be more than two (2) sittings
- A suitable JAMB score as shown below
- Credit pass in Mathematics
- A credit pass in English
- Credit passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
Check out: Polytechnics that offer Petroleum in Nigeria
Polytechnic Cut off mark for Software Engineering
For a candidate to be admitted into any Nigerian polytechnic to study software engineering, the candidate must meet the polytechnic Cut off mark for software engineering.
The polytechnic Cut-off mark for software engineering in 2022/2023 is 120
Note: Some polytechnics will require candidates to score high in JAMB (between 150 or above) to stand a chance of being admitted.
Polytechnic JAMB Subject Combination for Software Engineering
Another important factor that matters during admission is the JAMB subject combination. The Polytechnic JAMB subject combination for software engineering are:
- Use of English
- Physics or Chemistry
- Computer Studies
List of Polytechnics that Offer Software Engineering in Nigeria.
Note: Some of the polytechnics listed below do not offer software engineering directly (as a single course). Many of them offer software engineering under computer engineering.
At this point, we wish to bring to you the names of polytechnics in Nigeria that offer software engineering. The following are the polytechnics that offer Software engineering in Nigeria in 2022.
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic Offa
- Benue State Polytechnic
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Shaka Polytechnic,
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Federal Polytechnic Ede
- Crown Polytechnics, Odo Ado-Ekiti
- S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Federal Polytechnic Mubi
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- The Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile, Osun State
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba
- Dorben Polytechnic, Abuja
- Federal Polytechnic Uka
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Ogun State
- Plateau State Polytechnic Barkin-Ladi
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Interlink Polytechnic, Ijebu-Jesa, Osun State Nigeria
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Federal Polytechnic Oko
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Lagos City Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Nacabs Polytechnic, Akwanga, Nasarawa State
- Ogun State Institute of Technology
Those are the polytechnics that offer software engineering in Nigeria 2022 with their admission requirements and JAMB cut-off mark requirements.
Please feel free to ask any questions you wish to and also drop your comment in the comment section below.