The US Embassy 2023-2024 Global Undergraduate Exchange Scholarship Program is a U.S scholarship program for Non-U.S. Citizens (students that are outside the U.S), including Nigerians.
This scholarship which is also known as the Global UGRAD program is a very competitive scholarship program that is opened for students who are not citizens of United States.
The selection process of the scholarship is very strict and transparent. At the end of it, the best and outstanding applicants are selected to study full-time for a non-degree.
Application for this scholarship is done once in a year and it is usually carried out on the official website – United States Department of State (DOS).
The application usually start from November to December. For this year, the application will start from November 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time and will end by December 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Before applying, there are requirements that must be met, they include:
- You must be 18 years and above
- Applicant must be a citizen or live in any country where UGRAD is accepted official
- You must have completed secondary education
- Applicants must be a student of any good standing and accredited university whether private or public.
- You must have just one semester left to be completed in your home university at the conclusion of the program
- Applicant must know how to speak English proficiently, classes or lesson can be given to finalists)
- You must be eligible to her and maintain the US student exchange visa, this visa is required for the program
- Get a medical clearance from a doctor conforming you fit to take part in the program
- Strive to return to your country when the program is completed.
The following are some of the countries that are eligible for the US Embassy Global Undergraduate Exchange Scholarship Program (UGRAD):
- Burma (Myanmar)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- North Macedonia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- West Bank and Gaza
How to Apply?
There are two methods to apply for the US Embassy Global Undergraduate Exchange Program. Interested persons can apply through the following methods:
- The U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) method
- The Fulbright Commission method.
To apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) method, you have to visit their application website here.
Secondly, if you want to apply through the Fulbright Commission method, then you have to visit here to apply.
Check out some few scholarships below. Do well to drop a comment and do well to subscribe for more ongoing international scholarships.